Thursday, June 17, 2010

Don't touch mah purse!


They say that a woman's purse is sacred, a holy relic that holds the most important things to a girl. Supposedly, you can tell a lot about a woman by the contents for her purse. If that's true, I have no idea what mine says about me.


1) Supernatural: Bone Key -- I get bored easily. Sometimes, when I make it to work more that 15 minutes early, I need something to keep me occupied, because sleeping on the metal benches isn't comfortable, and I don't really want to watch the club swim team practice. Plus, I really love the show Supernatural.
2) Coaches Time Sheet -- This is how I get paid. There's two of them here, because I wanted to be paid every two weeks and you fill out one sheet per week. Unfortunately, it's easier for my boss to pay me monthly, so I get to hold onto these, plus two others so he can't lose them. You can't really read it from here, but I worked 29.5 hours in 5 days on the top sheet.. That is too much time near a pool.
3) Hair ties -- I think that is self explanatory. I get hot easily and need to put my hair up. Sometimes I break the rubber bands, so I always carry extras.
4) Corner Bakery Cafe receipt -- Obviously, I need to eat. And I never remember to throw my trash away.
5) Ray Bans sunglasses (Wayfarers) -- Because, sometimes when I'm driving and trying to see despite the sun, I like to look like a hipster.
6) Cell phone -- I use it to communicate, hold short notes, and constantly check the time when I am coaching, counting down the minutes 'til I'm done.


1) Receipt from the City of Van Alstyne Municipal Court -- Proof that I can sometimes be responsible and take care of tickets/defensive driving.
2) Birth control -- For controlling unwanted birthing and having two periods a month. Also helps with acne.
3) iTouch -- Because I need music when I drive/work out/go anywhere. This is usually plugged into my car.
4) Lip gloss -- Sometimes, I need my huge lips to stand out even more and draw attention to their kissable-ness. In actuality, it kinda just makes my lips sticky and annoying. Plus, it doesn't taste good.
5) Receipt for MG's -- Home of the second best burger place I have ever eaten. Located in Sherman. There are all you can eat burgers on Saturdays, which the swim team and I make a point to go to after a Saturday practice. I can usually down two.
6) $80 -- this is supposed to pay to get a new sticker thingy for my car. Obviously, I have yet to do that. I'm waiting for my dad to break and get it done for me. It's his money anyway.
7) Chap Stick -- Because I have chapped/dry lips.
8) $0.53 -- Left over from buying snacks at the vending machine during work. Peanut M&M's cost $0.65. I don't remember where the pennies are from.
9) Sunscreen samples -- from when I worked at the Byron Nelson Championship in May. I haven't really cleaned out my purse in a while...


1 & 6) Travel toothbrush and toothpaste -- Because sometimes, when you wind up waking up in someone else's house, you don't want to have morning breath. Also, I sometimes don't have time in the mornings to brush my teeth at home, so I do it at work.
2) Allergy eye drops -- Because I am either allergic to summertime or my cat, and my eyes get swollen, burn-y, dry, and itchy.
3 & 5) Purple lighters -- I don't actually smoke (usually). I was lighter pledge for my sorority, so I always had to have a lighter on me. Number 5 was the one I carried during pledgeship; number 3 I found when I went to Lake Campus earlier in the summer. It looked cool, and it was purple. It was only natural that I steal it.
4) Sunblock -- Usually, I burn extremely easily. Another by-product of inheriting all of my dad's whiteness. This summer, I've managed to tan, but I still get a bit sunburnt, so I try to remember to slather a bit of this on to avoid that. Usually it's on my left arm, because I drive with my windows open, and always wind up tanner/more burnt on that side.


So those are the contents of my purse. Please, let me know what they tell about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment