Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!

I love the original Star Wars. Not just because they are far superior to the prequels, or because they are just plain awesome.

Han Solo was my first crush.

When I was little, I spent hooouuurrrss pretending to be Princess Leia, traveling the galaxy in the Millennium Falcon, exchanging witty quips and making out with Han Solo (i was a very sexual 6 year old, apparently). My favorite movie was always The Empire Strikes Back, solely for the kiss scene in the Falcon, and all the love between Leia and Han. The scene where Han is about to get encased in carbonite and Leia tells him she loves him? I WANTED TO BE LEIA. I WANTED TO KNOW THAT HE KNEW THAT I LOVED HIM. When she had heartfail over him being frozen, I had heartfail. Their love was the love that I wanted: funny, dysfunctional, but pure and true.

Recently, I started watching the original trilogy again, mostly because I keep hanging around guys who would watch Clone Wars on TV, or would quote the movie often. Plus, SpikeTV would often have a marathon of all six movies. I'd rather watch them without all the commercials. And watching them has rekindled my love for Han Solo.

I want my own Han Solo. I want a scoundrel who can give as good as he gets. I want a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder.

No comments:

Post a Comment