Monday, June 21, 2010

You know what they do to guys like us in prison

First, a haiku:

I love sisters
But sometimes they are stupid
And get arrested.

My pledge sisters mean the world to me. They're some of my best friends, and I really do think of them as sisters. But they can be total dumbasses.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm perfect and have never done stupid things. I do them all the time, be it drinking too much, saying or doing something stupid, taking off clothes at parties, or making poor life choices with boys that I really shouldn't make poor life choices with.

But I've never done anything that could warrant jail time.

I have a kind of situational ethics-outlook on things, but I generally have a no-no on theft. I can overlook a friend staling from the school store or from supply closets, because we pay a shit-ton of money to go to our college, we might as well milk it for all it's worth. But I tend to draw the line at shoplifting from businesses.

One of my sisters (forever to be known here as Dancing Bull) stole us matching bracelets from Wal-Mart. I didn't care too much, because they were cheap string friendship bracelets, and they were only a dollar each.

Two more of my sisters (Lost in Translation and Heart Droppin') stole a bunch of paint pens from a hobby store earlier this summer. I don't really care about that either, because I want to freaking paint pen.

But today, I got a text from a sister (Bond S3) saying that Naked Eyes and Crispe Bacon! were missing, and probably got arrested. Bond asked for a vote from all the sorority members if they were okay with using our sorority funds to bail them out. At the time, I had no idea what had happened and assumed the worst, like they got in trouble for drugs or alcohol, which seemed likely. I was all for using the sorority money. I wanted my sisters safe.

Then, after texting my other sisters asking if they knew why Naked and Bacon! would get arrested, I get a text from Dancing Bull saying they got caught stealing over $50 worth of merch from Wal-Mart. My opinion about using sorority money quickly changed. If they were gonna be stupid enough to try and steal that much crap from Wal-Mart, when they both had jobs and could most likely pay for their crap, then once we paid to bail them out, they had better plan on paying back the cost of bail. I'm glad that they are now free (as of 11:20 PM), but I would like to start the school year with money in the sorority funds, and I don't want to pay a shit-ton for semester dues.
Especially when our treasurer is a bitch who still doesn't like me.


EDIT 6/28/10:

Just found out they were caught with their new roommate trying to shoplift over $150 worth of merchandise. Again, dumbasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment